Benchmark Products recognises the need for sustainable development and continually aims to improve the environmental effect of its activities.
To achieve our sustainability statement, we will…
Establish sound environmental management by:
- Meeting or improving upon relevant legislative, regulatory and environmental codes of practice.
- Developing objectives that target environmental improvements and monitor performance by regular review.
- Considering any environmental issues in the decision-making process.
- Developing a relationship with suppliers and contractors so that we all recognise our environmental responsibilities.
- Educating staff so that they can carry out their activities in an environmentally responsible manner.
Provide for the effective use of resource by:
- Promoting waste minimisation by recycling or finding other uses for by-products whenever economically viable.
- Promoting the efficient use of resources, energy and fuel throughout the organisation’s operations.
- The communities in which we operate.
- The Government, regulatory bodies and other interested parties with the shared vision of being a good and trusted neighbour.
A copy of our environmental policy statement can be downloaded here.